$22.50 an hour
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
Marine Taxonomic Services (MTS) is an environmental consulting firm committed to providing innovative solutions to help our clients create valuable scientific knowledge while growing their business in a sustainable manner. MTS projects are selected and implemented to manage the condition of our natural resources through the procurement of scientific data. Founded in 1980 and incorporated in 1993, MTS is a certified small business with offices in San Diego, California; Corvallis, Oregon and South Lake Tahoe, California.
Viable candidates will have all their own dive gear (BCD; regulator, secondary regulator, depth gauge, and pressure gauge; dive fins; mask; 7mm wetsuit/drysuit; 5mm hood; 5mm booties; 3mm gloves, and dive weights); experience working as a diver in altitude and cold water; and be available in San Diego, CA and/or South Lake Tahoe, CA.
· Diving and topside support for various projects throughout San Diego and South Lake Tahoe, including working in poor visibility.
· Organization, loading and unloading of equipment and supplies necessary for field work projects
· All responsibilities done in partnership with, and under the direction of, a Project Manager.
Professional Requirements and Certifications
· Open Water Diver certification.
· Completion of 100 dives, with written proof of completion within past two years.
· DAN membership and DAN master insurance coverage.
· Ability to perform heavy lifting (50+ pounds).
· Ability to perform strenuous physical activity, work in cold water conditions, and work extended hours. This is a physically demanding and mentally taxing project in the outdoors. Field work can, at times, be tedious.
· Ability to be both self-directed/work alone, and be a positive, contributing member of a group.
- Advanced SCUBA certifications: Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Scientific Diver, Altitude Diver, Drysuit Diver, Divemaster
- CPR/First Aid, Emergency Medical Responder, or Wilderness First Responder certification
- Motorized boating experience and/or boater’s safety course
- Use of remote mapping software
- Boat, dive gear, and small engine maintenance
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $22.50 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have a minimum of 100 documented dives within the past two years?
- SCUBA certification (Required)
Work Location: One location