The purpose of this position is to serve as a team member within the NOAA Global Systems Laboratory’s (GSL)Project Management Office (PMO). In support of the Office of the Director, this person will perform the full range of duties to support the management, coordination, and administration of multiple projects and programs across GSL.
- Support the development and implementation of GSL’s PMO
- Develop procedures for and manage the administration of the project lifecycle including
- Coordinate, track, and report for multiple projects across GSL
- Manage development and tracking of Annual Operating Plan (AOP) milestones and metrics
- Manage proposal process
- Serve as liaison to Office of Research, Transition, and Application (ORTA), and manage transition plan processes
- Manage National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) compliance, interpreting policy and implementing procedures to ensure compliance
- Manage project data collection procedures for the NOAA Research and Development Database (NRDD)
- Oversee and use the Smartsheet implementation for project tracking, reporting, and transfer of information to the NRDD
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Must obtain Public Trust
- At least 5 years of subject matter experience
- Experience managing staff to support technical implementation of project management, tracking, and reporting tools
- Experience coordinating, tracking, and reporting on multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience interpreting Federal policy and implementing procedures for compliance
- Experience utilizing, managing, and implementing processes for Smartsheet to collect project data
- Experience using Smartsheet for project management and tracking and export/import functions
- Experience with project data entry in web-based applications for reporting and querying
- Must be an excellent communicator, with significant experience acting as a liaison with other organizations
- PMP certification
- MA/MS degree
- Experience working in a scientific/research environment
- Experience managing proposal processes
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday – Friday, normal business hours
- Work is to be performed at NOAA facilities in Boulder, CO
- Hybrid onsite and telework structure, schedule TBD
- On-site federal contractors, in federal buildings or on federal lands must comply with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures.
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.