A wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Sea-Bird Scientific (www.seabird.com) is headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Sea-Bird Scientific is the world’s largest developer and manufacturer of products for the measurement of salinity, temperature, pressure, dissolved oxygen, fluorescence, nutrients and related oceanographic parameters in marine waters. We offer products to support best-in-class oceanography and climate science. We offer an entrepreneurial environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented.Working at Sea-Bird Scientific gives you access to a robust career development process and challenging stretch opportunities. Sea-Bird Scientific is proud to be one of Danaher’s Water Quality companies. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?Vice President, OperationsThis role is one of the top leadership roles in the company, responsible for ensuring that quality product is delivered on-time to our customers. The role has direct oversight of the Operations function along with strong cross-functional leadership responsibilities, partnering with other areas of the company such as Finance, HR, R&D, Sales & Marketing, etc. Looking for a transformational leader with “chief operations officer” mindset and a passion for driving operational excellence.Provide leadership, set strategic direction, and manage tactical day-to-day activities of the Operations Department. Direct operational plans to serve customer demand and achieve short and long-term growth and margin objectives for the business.Main Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the performance and results of the Operations Department, consisting of multiple related functions, including Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Materials Handling, Logistics, Production, Facilities and EH&S.
- Key Metrics of Success: Safety, Quality, On-time Delivery (OTD), Inventory Turns/WC, Sales Growth, Profitability (Purchase Price Variance, Cost of Sales, Margin Expansion), Associate Engagement and Turnover.
- Be a champion for creating a strong DBS culture through effective Daily Management (DM) and solid PSI (Production-Sales-Inventory) planning process. Drive continuous process improvement through Kaizens and address root-cause issues through data-driven problem solving,
- Attract, retain, and develop talent to shape the organization to match the future scale and expected growth of the business.
- Develop and implement long term manufacturing strategies for all Sea-Bird Scientific Products and effective supply chain and supplier management strategies.
- Champion excellence at Gemba by advocating safety and 5s, ensuring facilities are safe and secure with a culture of speak-up and accountability.
- Provide leadership for other managers, leaders, and professional associates, developing departmental plans, including business prioritization, resource allocation and investment decision to support organizational strategy and objectives.
- Ten (10) years leadership experience (project teams, staff supervision, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or Business preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior management and hourly-wage factory workers.
- Six Sigma, DBS or other similar process improvement experience
- Data and fact-based problem solving skills
- Focus for safety, quality, excellence in facilities management and 5S
- Understanding of lean manufacturing (Kaizens, Kanban, root cause, counter measures, etc.)
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available here.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.