Join Exail (formerly iXblue) Customer Support Department:
Sitting at the core of the company groups, team up with 20+ support engineers across the globe from a variety of technical backgrounds and expertise. By working side by side with customers both on-site and remotely the Customer Support Engineer ensures smooth integration and operation of iXblue products. This unique role ensures hands on experience with nearly the full range of iXblue solutions, including maritime navigation solutions, motion simulation tables and USV operation among others.
Proudly providing 24/7 support to our customers by assisting them to meet their day-to-day objectives, the Exail support engineer is critical to our success. Responsible for the North American region, the Lincoln Rhode Island based support engineer directly supports customers located in NORAM. This work requires on-site travel mainly in the US and Canada with occasional work outside of this geographical zone. Additionally, the support engineer is seen as a technical expert on certain products and will work closely with the sales team to ensure the customer need is understood and the proper solutions are identified.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Represent iXblue to customers both internally and externally.
- Remote support to customer:
- Follow-up and respond to hot-line, hot-mail, and customer requests.
- Document, analyze, report and record customer claims on the database.
- Local maintenance and testing of iXblue owned and customer owned equipment
- On-site support to customer:
- Pre-survey, installation, commissioning, training, demo, technical assistance.
- Prepare, execute, feedback, debrief, report, and follow up.
- Within NORAM geographical zone and occasionally outside.
- Internal support
- Interact with all iXblue teams to move forward your support cases.
- Assist sales team and project teams on pre-sale and after sales activities.
- Link with the maintenance team for maintenance follow up.
- Meet with product managers in France for updates on product development.
- Go through continuous internal as well as self-directed training on all related products.
- Own and continuously improve back-office support procedures and tools.
- Share and develop knowledge, new skills, with the team.
- A minimum of associates Degree in Engineering/Science (Electronic, robotics, mechanical or ocean engineering) relevant experience and training
- Or 5+ year experience, working with high technology products or military background
- Service-oriented attitude and results-oriented culture to provide customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resourceful and able to work under pressure on your own or in a team
- Self-motivated, technically curious, able to think and work independently
- Excellent English communication skills: verbal and written. Fluency in the French or Spanish language is a plus but not required.
- Multi-cultural awareness and experience
- Knowledge of inertial navigation, underwater acoustics, survey, or gyrocompasses advantageous
- Proficient in MS office suite
- The ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Comfortable working on boats at sea
US Citizenship required for this position: Yes
Location: 1 position in Lincoln, RI., 1 position in Houston, TX.
Travel: 30% of the time, up to 110 days/year.
Travel Regions: NORAM, mainly USA and Canada with occasional travel outside of region (additional travel to corporate offices in France)
About us: iXblue, an exail brand, is a global leader in surface and subsea navigation solutions for the oil and gas, offshore energy, geoscience, and defense industries. Our inertial navigation sensors, USBL and LBL systems and unmanned surface vessels are ideal for surveying, monitoring, and construction applications from shallow waters to the deep sea, and support a wide range of scientific endeavors, from subsea geological data collection to marine environmental analysis.