About the role
We are looking to add an experienced and dynamic Technical Sales Manager to our Asia Pacific team. As someone with a proven ability to understand the business of RBR’s customers, you will effectively listen to our customers and drive conversations to close deals. In communications, you will balance being humble and confident, technically competent, personable and trusting, competitive and respectful, and everything you do in the run of the day will help you get closer to reaching your goals.
The ideal candidate for this role will be based in Australia.
What you’ll do
- Drive the sales pipeline from lead to purchase order
- Consult directly with end customers, and local agents, to provide high-quality quotes and proposals
- Focus on strong outbound sales and strive to get in front of as many customers as possible, being on-site, present, and working as a trusted advisor for our customers
- Prospecting to increase our market share and reach within the APAC region as well as working with our existing customer base to meet their objectives and needs
- Respectfully debate with customers and agents to foster decisions that result in successful oceanographic deployments
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Support, Marketing, Operations, R&D, and Finance to deliver an outstanding customer experience for every deal
- Represent the RBR brand and values at conferences, trade shows, and workshops throughout the Asia Pacific region
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in sciences or engineering, or equivalent experience in the Asia-Pacific market
- 7+ years of technical sales experience in the Asia-Pacific market, preferably in Oceanographic or Marine Geophysics technology, or other related scientific instrumentation
- Experience working directly with academic institutes, government agencies, and private entities
- Experience working both directly with end customers and through local authorized agents
- Experience and diligence using a CRM, Salesforce experience is a plus
- A sense of urgency, passion, charisma, and purpose
- A desire to always find a better way for the customers, and for RBR
- The ability to travel roughly 25%-50% of the time within the Asia Pacific region, primarily in Australia and New Zealand
Since 1973, RBR has been designing and manufacturing oceanographic instruments in Ottawa, Ontario to measure our blue planet. The effects of climate change are being seen from the ocean’s abyss to the polar ice caps and our sensors quantify this change to support better analysis, improved planning, and more effective mitigation strategies. Our instruments measure water parameters in some of the harshest environments on the planet! They are mounted on underwater drones, dropped out of planes, and sent to the bottom of the ocean – sometimes for years at a time – all in an effort to get precise and accurate data to support climate research! We have been fortunate to be able to partner with some of the world’s leaders in the field of ocean science, like Fisheries and Oceans Canada, The Scripps Institution of Oceanography, The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, The Norwegian Polar Institute, and The British Antarctic Survey, just to name a few!
At RBR, our people care about the environment, our community, their work, and – of course – each other! We value curiosity, experimentation, and doing the right thing, and while we do some serious work to support world-changing science, we don’t take ourselves too seriously – we like to let our hair down and cut loose too!
Current perks at RBR
💰 Company-wide bonus program
🏋🏽 Annual fitness reimbursement program
🚗 EV reimbursement program
💝 Charitable donation matching
At RBR we celebrate and support diversity in our workplace, we are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We seek to recruit the best and most talented people for the job, period. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.